Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis include:
- Pain, swelling and possibly redness around your joints
- Stiffness in your joints. Especially in the morning or after sitting for a while
- Fatigue that’s more than just normal tiredness.
If you have any of these symptoms, go and see your GP. The sooner RA is diagnosed and treated, the better the long-term outcomes are likely to be. If RA is not treated or is inadequately treated, it can cause irreversible damage to joints and lead to disability.
How we can help
Those with RA could have an increased risk of falling due to impaired muscle strength, postural instability, fatigue, joint pain, and reduced functioning. The falls also lead to an increased risk of hip fractures due to disease-related reduced bone mass.
At Progress Lifeline, we provide products and services designed to offer peace of mind and reassurance.
- Our falls reassurance package includes a falls detector, which will automatically send an alert to our 24/7 Alarm Response Centre when it senses a fall - no need to press a button or reach for a phone.
- Alternatively, you can use a standard personal lifeline alarm which, by pressing a button on a pendant or wristband, will alert our 24/7 Alarm Response Centre, which will get help on its way to you immediately.
- If you are worried about falling outside of the home, we also offer the Footprint GPS alarm and falls detector. The device has an SOS button which can be pressed to contact our Alarm Response Centre and get you the help you need. The device acts as a two-way communication, meaning our Alarm Response Centre can speak to you directly through the device. The Footprint will also alert us automatically if it detects a fall.
Our packages can be tailored to suit your individual needs. Call us today on 03333 204 999 to discuss how we can support you.
A Helping Hand
Our products and plans are tailor made to help you or your loved ones stay safe. Explore the range below and see how Progress Lifeline can assist those with Rheumatoid Arthritis.