A stroke is a medical emergency, the quicker treatment is received, the better the chances for survival and recovery. There are currently 1.3 million stroke survivors in the UK.
To recognise the signs and symptoms of a stroke, remember to BE FAST.
• Balance: Sudden loss of balance or coordination
• Eyes: Sudden loss or changes to vision in one, or both, eyes
• Face: Sudden weakness, or drooping on one side of the face
• Arm: Sudden weakness or numbness
• Speech: Slurred speech or trouble speaking
• Time: Call 999 immediately if you see any of those signs.
Make sure you and your loved ones all know the FAST test. Acting FAST will give the person having a stroke the best chance of survival and recovery. Always call 999 straight away.
How we can help
The effects of a stroke can be varied and may leave you needing more support than you have previously.
At Progress Lifeline, we have a range of telecare solutions to help you feel safe at home, and provide peace of mind to you, and your loved ones.
Our packages can be tailored to suit individual needs and enabling you to recover, and continue to live independently, with help on hand should you need it.
Linked to our 24/7 alarm response centre, we have:
- Personal alarms giving you reassurance all year round, that help is there at the push of a button
- Fall detectors which raise an alert straight away even if you can’t talk to us and gives extra assurance that help is on its way even if you can’t reach a phone
- Emergency Home Response with assistive lifting service
- Medication reminders/dispensers
- Plus a range of home safety sensors that will automatically alert us if, for example, a flood or fire is detected and a person is in need of assistance.
Call us today on 03333 204 999 to discuss your needs and how we can support you at home, following a stroke.