Causes and treatment
No exact cause of high blood pressure is known, although your lifestyle can make a difference. That is, how fit and active you are, what you eat and drink, and whether you smoke - which means there is a lot you can do to get your blood pressure under control.
Even small changes can have a positive impact and bring your blood pressure down. Here are some of the ways you can lower it:
- Healthy living: Getting active, maintain a healthy weight and stop smoking.
- Healthy eating: Get your five-a-day of fruit/veg and cut back on salts and saturated fats.
- Medication: Following a diagnosis, your doctor may recommend taking certain medications.
- Monitoring your blood pressure at home: Feel more in control and check to see if the changes you are making are working.
How we can help
Having high blood pressure can lead to heart attack and stroke, as well as other medical conditions. These conditions can increase the risk of falls, or mean you need more support in day-today life.
At Progress Lifeline, we provide products and services that can enable you to continue living at home independently, for as long as possible.
- Personal alarms giving you reassurance all year round, that help is there at the push of a button
- Fall detectors which raise an alert straight away even if you can’t talk to us and gives extra assurance that help is on its way even if you can’t reach a phone
- Emergency Home Response with assistive lifting service
- Medication reminders/dispensers
- Plus a range of home safety sensors that will automatically alert us if, for example, a flood or fire is detected and a person is in need of assistance.
Our packages can be tailored to suit your individual needs. Call us today on 03333 204 999 to discuss how we can support you.
A Helping Hand
Our products and plans are tailor made to help you or your loved ones stay safe. Explore the range below and see how Progress Lifeline can assist those with Hypertension.
Reach IP Digital Alarm Unit & Pendant
The Reach IP comes with a built-in SIM card that will "roam" onto the strongest network. It is also incredibly simple to install.
Footprint GPS Tracker & Falls Detector
The Footprint is a GPS location device, pendant alarm & falls detector all-in-one.
The medication unit only dispenses medication at set times and lets the Alarm Response Centre know if you have forgotten to take it.