Progress Housing Group and its subsidiaries recognise that all individuals have a right to expect their personal information will be collected, processed and shared in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
The following organisations are registered as Data Controllers with the Information Commissioner Office:
- Progress Housing Group Limited and its subsidiaries
- New Progress Housing Association Limited
- Progress Care Housing Association Limited
- New Fylde Housing Limited
- Key Unlocking Futures Limited.
When Progress Housing Group or any of its subsidiaries processes your information we will do so fairly and transparently. We will regularly review your information and make necessary changes to the service and information handling process when you, the law or the Information Commissioner request such changes. We will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act) and connected law ensuring your personal information is protected and processed in accordance with the law.
All of the information you provide will be processed safely and securely in accordance with the Act. It will be used to update your records and will be securely stored on our computer and paper based filing systems. Where necessary we will share relevant information with third parties, for example other Group members, partners, agencies, government or statutory/public bodies. One example could be the sharing of information to our maintenance contractors, to assist them and you to make appointments and to attend your property to carry out the repairs.
We will share information in a secure manner both to ensure your needs are met and to meet the health and safety obligations we have as an employer when delivering a service. We will share relevant information with third parties where we are legally required to do so and in line with the Act. Some examples are:
- The prevention or detection of crime and fraud
- The apprehension or prosecution of offenders
- The assessment or collection of tax or duty owed to customs and excise
- In connection with legal proceedings
- In relation to the physical or mental health of an individual, where disclosure is required to protect them or others from serious harm
- For research and statistical purposes
- In order to carry out our contractual obligations
- In order that third parties can carry out our duties on our behalf
- To comply with the law.
We hold personal and sensitive information about our employees, board members, employment applicants, tenants, leaseholders, housing applicants, suppliers etc. All individuals have a right to privacy and Progress Housing Group is bound by the Act. Our Data Protection policy demonstrates our commitment to the principles of the Act. It aims to protect and promote the rights of individuals. Our policy is supported by a number of procedures and training.
Details on how we comply with the Data Protection Act and how to request a copy of your personal information can be obtained by contacting us or calling us on 03333 204555.